Working Principle & Operating Steps of Rotary Kiln Burner
Structure of Rotary Kiln Burner
The rotary kiln burner is mainly composed of pipelines, nozzles, metal corrugated compensators, butterfly valves, pressure measuring instruments and protective layers.
1. Pipeline: From outside to inside, they are axial flow air channel, swirling air channel, fuel channel and central air channel.
2. Nozzle: Made of heat-resistant steel, the cross-sectional area of the nozzle for axial flow and swirling wind is adjustable to adjust the ejection speed of each wind. The entire set of nozzles is a key component to ensure the flame shape.
3. Axial flow (swirling) wind ripple compensator: It is the main component that connects the internal and external pipelines of axial (swirling) flow, seals and adjusts the flame shape.
4. Butterfly valve: used to adjust air volume.
5. Pressure measuring instrument: indirectly displays the outlet velocity of the burner.
How the burner works:
Combustion is ejected outwards from the fuel channel at a certain diffusion angle. The combustion-supporting wind on the outside transmits a very high momentum and momentum moment. The swirling wind on the inside mixes with the ejected fuel and spirals forward at a high speed. It interacts with the high-speed injection shaft. The flowing wind beams meet. The insertion of the axial flow air beam further enhances the mixing of fuel and wind, and can adjust the divergence of the flame. The length and thickness of the flame can be adjusted as needed to achieve the required flame shape. The function of the central wind is to promote the combustion of a small amount of fuel and CO in the central part, making the combustion more complete and stabilizing the flow. Due to this combustion mechanism and the high speed of swirling wind and axial wind, combustion is very rapid and complete.
Operating Steps of Rotary Kiln Burner
First, start the exhaust fan at the end of the kiln, adjust the frequency to about 30HZ for more than 10 minutes, and then reduce the frequency to 5~10HZ before ignition to ensure that there is a slight negative pressure in the kiln. Special attention should be paid to the operating procedures of igniting first and then supplying gas when gas fuel is ignited. Avoid the incorrect operation of supplying air first and then igniting.
Maintenance of Rotary Kiln Burner
1. The discharge end of each pipeline is a nozzle, which is made of heat-resistant steel. The nozzle is in a high temperature state for a long time, especially if the kiln is suddenly stopped and the air is stopped during combustion, the front end surface of the burner will directly bear the heat radiation of the high temperature and hot materials in the kiln, and will be oxidized and damaged over time. To extend the service life of the nozzle, the following points should be noted:
1.1 When stopping burning, the burning should be stopped and the wind should be stopped. After the temperature in the kiln drops to 300°C, the wind can be stopped;
1.2 The integrity of the castable on the head is the prerequisite for ensuring the normal operation of the burner. If the castable falls off, measures should be taken promptly;
1.3 When stopping the kiln, you should enter the kiln to check the wear, deformation, and coking of the burner, and deal with it promptly and replace it if necessary.
2. During use, attention should be paid to the sealing of each interface, and any air leakage should be dealt with.
3. After successful ignition, the ignition pipe needs to be pulled out 1 meter away from the head to prevent burning damage.
4. When replacing the burner, ensure the concentricity between the nozzles, otherwise it will be difficult to axially expand and contract between the layers.
5. The correct pouring and maintenance of castables is particularly important for the normal operation and life of the burner: first, the castables must be special castables for the burner, and secondly, the condition of the castables must be checked every time the kiln is shut down for overhaul and minor repairs. If there are cracks and chips, they must be recast.